Career opportunities at Eight Bells for Mental Health
We are seeking to recruit a part-time Administrator to join our charity, Eight Bells for Mental Health based at The Friends Meeting House and at an office located in Central Newbury. This post is a 9 month temporary contract.
Working 15 flexible hours a week. Days to be agreed with the service Co-ordinators.
Objective of Role
To support both Eight Bells for Mental Health (EBMH) and Eight Bells Community Strength (EBCS) with the day to day administrative tasks for the running of both projects.
Tasks and activities
- Day to Day operational support as directed by the coordinators
- General office duties
- File management both paper and electronic
- Updating records including membership data and photo consent forms
- Drafting and issuing correspondence on behalf of the charity, members, volunteers & students. This could include requesting references, letters to funders
- Management & filing of confidential data
- Daily social media posts; to include Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- ID badge production for volunteers/staff
- creating, updating and maintaining a list of West Berkshire Resources.
- Arrange and document both member and trustee meetings as set out in the charities constitution
- Work to support the Project Co-ordinators to ensure the success of the service
- Undertake and engage in any appropriate training that will support you in the role
Skills, Qualities and Experience
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure that the daily activities of an office run smoothly
- Good communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to engage with everyone
- IT literacy and social media experience
- The ability to multitask and prioritise tasks to cope with the multifaceted nature of the job
- The ability to use their own initiative but also work as part of a team
- Ability to learn quickly
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexible/Non-judgemental approach
- Ability to respect confidentiality and an awareness of data protection rules
We welcome people with the right attitude and with an understanding of mental wellbeing.
If you think you have the skills we’re looking for, please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th September 2021
Interviews: week commencing 13th October 2021